Thursday, May 26, 2011

Happy 40th Birthday Billie Jo!!

You know I've been really slacking on my posting.
But what you don't know is that I've been really busy with parties. :) 3 in a row and this weekend I have a graduation and a small family wedding reception I'm decorating for.



I put together a Surprise 40th Birthday party for my Sister-In-Law in just a few short weeks.
I have to say that I kinda enjoyed not having to fret over it for a long time was nice.
And the party turned out great!! :)
I wasn't sure what I would do with this sort of theme,
but it all worked out.
I have one problem though...forgot my camera!!!
Who forgets their camera for a party???
Well I did take a few pics with my phone,
so these are not good and I'm very disappointed in myself, but it is what it is. :)

I had done a search for Harley cakes on Google and this is one that I found.
I printed the pic off and my brother took it to the baker and wal-la this is what we got! :)
And it was SO yummy!!

I had ordered these Harley Davidson picks. I knew we wouldn't be doing cupcakes, but who needs cupcakes to put picks in....buns work just fine. :)
The centerpieces where just tall glass vases that I used a 12x12 piece of specialty paper {this one glossy silver} wrapped it around and added another strip with the design on it. Flames are bandanas from Hobby Lobby.


Another centerpiece.
I had 2 different designs.
The other one was covered with a black glittered paper and filled with black roses.
The birthday sign.
I just purchased a large roll of black paper from Hobby Lobby, cut the letters out with my Cricut and used them as a template to paint on the words.
I intentionally painted the letters on crooked because I knew I would not be able to line them up perfectly so this way it looks ok being crooked. :)
I had stopped at a nearby Harley Davidson store and told them what my project was and they gave me free balloons, bags, boxes, keychains, etc just to use for the party.
I cut the emblems off the boxes, put them on candle holders, signs, you name it.
I put that free stuff to good use.
They also did sell my some very cool Harley things to use.
WISH I would have brought my camera!!!!


Next up....I just finished up an Indian themed 15th birthday party that turned out fabulous.

No comments: